Accelerator event offers food firms a taste of export successMember News
Food and drink manufacturers looking to expand into overseas markets are being advised attend a special export accelerator event, where they will be able to receive a free consultation from a legal expert with MAS sponsor, Irwin Mitchell.
The law firm is collaborating with the Department for International Trade (DIT) London and South East and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for the event, which takes place in London on November 28.
The Food & Drink Mini Export Accelerator will feature industry experts explaining how food and drink firms can successfully grow their business overseas.
Those attending will hear from experts from the DIT, Irwin Mitchell, the Food & Drink Federation and more. There will also be special workshops, one-to-one support and networking opportunities.
In addition to the 30-minute confidential consult with an expert from Irwin Mitchell, firms will also have 1-2-1 access with a DIT Trade Adviser.
Topics to be covered at the event include:
- How to grow your Food & Drink business in international markets
- Brexit Impact and Opportunities for food and drink business
- Industry 4.0: what this means and what you can do to prepare
- Protecting your IP internationally
- Researching and Complying with International Regulation
- Obtaining local approval (eg. FDA approval in USA) and labelling and standards
- Being aware of and managing product liability
- Contract law
- Selecting and Managing Agents and Distributors
- Export Paperwork
- Managing Currency Fluctuations
As the event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, a range of data points must be collected to assess a participating company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition;
- Be based in one the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programmes - London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex.
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty".
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last three fiscal years
Eligibility will be assessed upon application.
For eligible companies, places at the event will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
All companies expressing an interest in attending the event will be contacted by November 23, 2018.
For more details visit the link here